contact home links about where i've been n stuff

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Homework: Write Away: Labor Day

~Write a paragraph about a job you would do for free. Prompt: "If money were no object, I'd like to be a ______, and work in_______."

If money were no object, I’d like to be a mom, and work in my home.

Simple. True. I don’t mean it to be arrogant, it’s just who I am, no apologies.

Have you ever had a moment when you realized that you’re doing exactly what you want to be doing? That what you dreamed of as a little girl is your reality?





.
What is this? Why, it's homework!
You can get in on the fun, too!
ps - Happy (belated) birthday, Traveilin'Oma!

4 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

You are so wise to realize this now, while you're actually living it! Great post.

QueenScarlett said...

Hear, Hear!

sue-donym said...

What Oma said.

Bunsies said...

This made me think of a few years ago when I was caring for a former classmate of yours and we had a brief conversation :
Aren't you Jenny's mom?
Yes, I am -I wasn't sure if you would remember me, but I recognized you.
So, what's Jenny up to?
She lives in Utah, is married to a great guy and has 4 kids.
That's great! You know she always said she wanted to be a mom. Teachers would try to get her to say she wanted to be a Doctor, or a teacher, or something else, But she never gave in and always said she wanted to have children.

We then talked about other things. I am glad you have followed your dream. I thinking being a mom is the greatest thing in the world. Next to being a grandma!